For courses in psychiatric-mental health nursing in any nursing program.
CONTEMPORARY PSYCHIATRIC-MENTAL HEALTH NURSING, 3/e is the most up-to-date, evidence-based, culturally competent, authoritative, and comprehensive resource for psychiatric-mental health nursing. The authors emphasize the importance of empathy and client empowerment, while providing the knowledge and clinical competence that psychiatric-mental health nurses can use to help diverse clients heal on both psychobiologic and spiritual levels. They prepare students to tailor and humanize interventions for traditional as well as “new” psychiatric-mental health clients encountered in forensic settings, homeless shelters, and in other community and rehab settings. Since advances in neuroscience and genetics are redefining the scientific understanding of mental disorders, the authors offer a solid grounding in psychobiology, including brain imaging assessment and new psychopharmacologic treatment options. This edition adds a full chapter on Recovery and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Strategies, and many new boxed features showing how psychiatric disorders are portrayed in the news and movies.
Table of Contents
2. Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses: Who Are They?
3. Self-Awareness and the Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse
4. The Therapeutic Nurse-Client Relationship
Unit II. Theoretical Basis for Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Practice
5. Theories for Interdisciplinary Care in Psychiatry
6. The Biologic Basis of Behavioral and Mental Disorders
7. The Science of Psychopharmacology
8. Stress, Anxiety, and Coping
9. Cultural Competence
Unit III. Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing Processes
10. Therapeutic Communication
11. Psychiatric-Mental Health Assessment
12. Ethics, Clients’ Rights, and Legal and Forensic Issues
13. Creating Hospital and Community-Based Therapeutic Environments
Unit IV. Clients with Mental Disorders
14. Cognitive Disorders
15. Substance-Related Disorders
17. Mood Disorders
18. Anxiety Disorders
19. Dissociative, Somatoform, and Factitious Disorders
20. Gender Identity and Sexual Disorders
21. Eating Disorders
22. Personality Disorders
Unit V. Vulnerable Populations
23. Clients at Risk for Suicide and Self-Destructive Behavior
24. Intrafamily Violence: Physical and Sexual Abuse
Unit VI. Intervention Strategies
28. Therapeutic Groups
29. Family-Focused Interventions
30. Cognitive and Behavioral Interventions
31. Psychopharmacologic Nursing Interventions
32. Recovery and Psychiatric Rehabilitation Strategies
33. Complementary, Alternative, and Integrative Healing Practices
34. Crisis Intervention
35. Anger Management and Intervention in Psychiatric-Mental Health Settings
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Contemporary Psychiatric-Mental Health, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$73.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-273929-0