For undergraduate courses in Psychiatric or Mental Health Nursing.
Completely revised as the most up-to-date, evidence-based, culturally competent, authoritative, comprehensive resource available and presented in an accessible, clinically-relevant, professional format.
This textbook has been developed focusing on two central themes, evidence-based nursing practice and global mental health
Supporting and interactive material can be found on the companion website and CD-ROM.
Table of Contents
1. Psychiatric Mental Health Clients: Who Are They?2. Psychiatric Mental Health Nurses: Who Are They?
3. Artful Therapeutic Practice4. Engaging in Evidence-Based Practice
Unit II. Theoretical Basis for Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
5. Theories for Interdisciplinary Care
6. Psychobiology, Behavior, and Mental Disorders
7. The Science of Psychopharmacology
8. Stress, Anxiety, and Coping
9. Mental Health, Mental Disorder, and Cultural Competence
Unit III. Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Processes
10. Communicating and Relating
12. Creating Hospital and Community-Based Therapeutic Environments
13. Clients’ Rights, Advocacy, and Legal and Forensic Issues
Unit IV. Clients with Mental Disorders
14. Cognitive Disorders
15. Substance-Related Disorders
16. Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
17. Mood Disorders
18. Anxiety and Dissociative Disorders
19. Somatoform and Sleep Disorders
20. Gender Identity and Sexual Disorders
21. Eating Disorders
22. Personality Disorders
Unit V. Vulnerable Populations
23. Clients at Risk for Suicide and Self-Destructive Behavior
24. Persons at Risk for Abuse or Violence
25. Psychiatric Mental Health Clients with HIV/AIDS
Unit VI. Intervention Strategies and Outcomes
29. Counseling the Individual
30. Group and Family Interventions
31. Cognitive and Behavioral Interventions
32. Psychopharmacologic Nursing Interventions
33. Complementary, Alternative, and Integrative Healing Practices
34. Crisis Intervention35. Intervening in Violence in the Psychiatric Setting
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Contemporary Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$38.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-502863-6