For one-semester, junior/senior-level courses in Contemporary Sociological Theory.
This text examines the assumptions and concepts of the five major sociological theories and the classical roots of the modern theories. It focuses specifically on functionalism, conflict theory, theories of rational choice, symbolic interactionism, and phenomenology.
Table of Contents
1. THE UNDERSTANDING OF SOCIETY.
3. CONFLICT THEORY.
4. EVOLUTION AND MODERNITY: MACROSOCIOLOGICAL PERSPECTIVES.
5. SYMBOLIC INTERACTIONISM.
7. THEORIES OF RATIONAL CHOICE.
8. REDISCOVERING THE BODY: THE SOCIOLOGY OF THE BODY AND SOCIOBIOLOGY.
9. CONCLUSION: EVALUATING SOCIOLOGICAL THEORY.
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$48.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-218493-9