This title is also available packaged with the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133388417.
Long respected as the market-leading text in content area literacy, this book gives pre- and in-service teachers an ambitious, coherent, and workable exploration of content literacy to take into their classrooms to improve reading and writing for all students. Comprehensible and accessible, Content Area Reading: Literacy and Learning Across the Curriculum, 11/e shows teachers how to use literacy-related instructional strategies to help students think and learn with both print and digital texts. The new Eleventh Edition emphasizes the comprehensive content focus of previous editions, including an ever-expanding knowledge base in the areas of literacy, cognition and learning, educational policy, new literacies and technologies, and student diversity. Chapter content has been upgraded to reflect current theory, research, and practice related to content literacy and learning in disciplines. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
- Literacy Matters
- Learning with New Literacies
- Culturally Responsive Teaching in Diverse Classrooms
- Assessing Students and Texts
- Planning Instruction for Content Literacy
- Activating Prior Knowledge and Interest
- Guiding Reading Comprehension
- Developing Vocabulary and Concepts
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Studying Text
- Learning with Trade Books
- Supporting Effective Teaching with Professional Development
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$71.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-338687-5