Note: The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads, such as CourseSmart.
Pre- and in-service teachers gain valuable knowledge and practical guidance for using literacy-related instructional strategies to help students think and learn with all kinds of print and digital texts.
How to use literacy related instructional strategies to help students think and learn with texts—both print and digital—is the focus of this widely popular, market-leading text. Highly accessible, the new edition enhances the comprehensive content focus of the previous editions, including an ever-expanding knowledge base in the areas of literacy, cognition and learning, educational policy, new literacies and technologies, and student diversity.
Table of Contents
- Literacy Matters
- Learning with New Literacies
- Culturally Responsive Teaching in Diverse Classrooms
- Assessing Students and Texts
- Planning Instruction for Content Literacy
- Activating Prior Knowledge and Interest
- Guiding Reading Comprehension
- Developing Vocabulary and Concepts
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Studying Text
- Learning with Trade Books
- Supporting Effective Teaching with Professional Development
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$73.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-338687-5