For paralegal courses in Contract Law.
Written from the paralegal’s perspective, this book examines the ethical, practical and professional topics relating to Contract Law and combines both substantive material and contemporary cases. Offering exceptional coverage of e-contracts and technology, it emphasizes contract law as an important core competency for all paralegals. Each chapter is infused with application-oriented features that range from scenarios to feature articles to portfolio-building exercises. End-of-chapter material focuses on reinforcing skills through internet exercises, case questions and case-briefing assignments. Throughout the book, each chapter shows how paralegals work with contracts and why it is important for all paralegals to understand contract law.
Table of Contents
PART I: TRADITIONAL AND E-COMMERCE CONTRACTS
1. Nature of Traditional and Online Contracts
3. Consideration and Equity
4. Capacity and Legality
5. Genuineness of Assent
6. Writing, Formality, and E-Commerce Signature Law
7. Third-Party Rights and Discharge
8. Remedies for Breach of Traditional and E-Contracts
9. E-Contracts and Internet Law
PART II: DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL SALES AND LEASE CONTRACTS
10. Formation of Sales and Lease Contracts
11. Performance of Sales and Lease Contracts
12. Remedies for Breach of Sales and Lease Contracts
13. Sales and Lease Warranties
14. Relationship of Tort Law to Contract Law
15. Special Forms of Contracts
LIST OF CASES REPORTED
APPENDIX A: Critical Legal Thinking Techniques for Case Briefing
APPENDIX B: Cases for “Briefing the Case Writing Assignments”
APPENDIX C: Sample Contracts
APPENDIX D: Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) Locator Article 2 (Sales)
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Contract Law for Paralegals: Traditional and E-Contracts, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$63.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501829-3