ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson’s MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a high risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
The 2nd edition of Contrastes: grammaire du français courant remains what it originally set out to be: a comprehensive French grammar review geared specifically to English-speakers with some exposure to the French language. Written in French (with occasional footnotes and explanations in English), it is meant for those who have already acquired a foundation in French, but who need a tool to help them review and expand upon what they already know to improve their mastery of complex grammar rules and formations.
- Written in French, with idiomatic North-American translations of all examples.
- Nota Bene helps students focus on correcting the most common mistakes by drawing attention to exceptions, contrasts, or frequent errors.
- Charts and Tableaux synthétiques allow visual learners to grasp information at a glance.
- Generous lists of frequently used verbs, helpful vocabulary, and familiar idiomatic expressions within the chapters make for easier learning and retention.
- Systematic comparative approach provides a wealth of examples that establish points of comparison and contrast between confusing structures in French and English and focus on correcting the most common mistakes.
- Thorough yet versatile and adaptable text that is useful in intermediate, advanced, culture, grammar, translation, or graduate courses, or on its own as a grammar reference.
- Short verification exercises are designed to help students master key concepts and rules and build confidence as they move from simple to complex structures.
- Accompanying Workbook, cross-referenced with the textbook, closely follows the presentation of each chapter and provides ample opportunity for additional practice.
Table of Contents
1. Le présent de l’indicatif; L’impératif
2. Les articles; Quantités, préparations et subtances; Omission de l’article
3. Les pronoms objets directs et indirects; Les pronoms y et en; Place des pronoms
4. Les pronoms disjoints; Formes des pronoms dans certaines constructions idiomatiques
5. Les adjectifs et pronoms démonstratifs
6. L’interrogation directe
8. La négation
9. Le passé de l’indicatif; Le récit au passé
10. Les participes présent et passé
11. Le futur et le conditionnel
12. Le subjonctif
14. L’expression de la condition
15. Le discours indirect au passé
16. Les subordonnées relatives
17. L’expression du temps
18. Le passif
19. La comparaison
20. Les indéfinis
21. Pluriels et accords
Appendice 1 Prépositions
Appendice 2 Verbes pronominaux
Appendice 3 Temps rares ou littéraires
Appendice 4 Tableaux de verbes
Index généralIndex des verbes
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$53.32 $50.65 | Add to Cart
$79.99 $75.99 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-205-64699-9 $106.65 $101.32 |
Free Ground Shipping.