Controlling Stress and Tension takes a multifaceted, holistic approach to stress management. The first part of the book discusses the stress problem and our potential for achieving solutions to it. The next chapters examine potential stress-producing elements in everyday life. The remainder of the book offers techniques for alleviating stress and tension. Personal journal activities and self-assessments placed throughout the book encourage students to apply the concepts they have learned to themselves. These activities are brought together at the conclusion of the book, helping students develop their own stress-management program. The Ninth Edition has a strengthened supplements package, updates to content to keep the text current, and more practical activities for students.
Table of Contents
1. Stress, Stressors and Stress Management
2. Systems That Control Stress Arousal
3. The Body’s Response to Stress
4. The Human Spirit
5. Stressful Emotions, Thoughts, and Beliefs
6. Patterns of Behavior
7. Demands and Expectations
8. Stress and the Human Environment Interaction
9. Stress in Relationships
10. Psychological Trauma and Human Resilience
11. Stress in the Workplace
12. Breathing and Relaxation
13. Muscle Relaxation
14. Autogenics and Visual Imagery
15. Yoga and Stretch-Relaxation
17. Stress Reduction through Physical Activity
18. Your Personal Stress Management Plan
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Controlling Stress and Tension, CourseSmart eTextbook, 9th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$47.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-80432-7