Table of Contents
1. Overview: The Process of Critical Reading and Writing.
2. The Juvenile Justice System: Does It Work?
3. Should Witnesses Become Involved?
4. Keeping Secrets: Should Adoption Records Be Confidential?
5. Aggression in Sports.
6. Affirmative Action in College Admissions: Essential or Unfair?
7. Obedience: A Good Quality?
8. Controlling Our Own Fates.
9. Rap as a Cultural Force.
10.Welfare vs. Workfare.
11. Human Cloning and Human Rights.
12. The Right to Bear Arms.
13. Sex Education: What Is the Best Approach?
14. Should High School Be Required?
15. Pornography: Free Speech or Harm to Women?
16. Is Freedom Worth Dying For?
17. The Effects of Technology on Society.
Appendix A: Word Parts.
Appendix B: Guide to Literary Terms.
Appendix C: Allusion.
Appendix D: Connotations of Names.
Appendix E: Figures of Speech: Metaphors, Similes, and Clichés.
Appendix F: The Formality Spectrum: Indicators of Informality and Formality.
Appendix G: Irony of Situation.
Appendix H: Irony of Wording: Life Off Campus, (Anonymous).
Appendix I: Jargon: Little Miss Muffet, Russell Baker.
Appendix J: Symbols.
Appendix K: Spelling List.
Appendix L: Discussion Grading Sheet.
Appendix M: Essay Checklist.
Appendix N: Editing Checklist.
Additional Course Materials
$54.40 | Add to Cart
$12.40 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780132325202
Includes this title packaged with:
- MyWritingLab -- Standalone Access Card -- Paragraph to Essay Course
. . Pearson Education
$103.87 | Add to Cart