Core Concepts in Pharmacology, Fourth Edition, presents pharmacology from an interdisciplinary perspective, drawing upon core concepts of anatomy, physiology, and pathology to make drug therapy understandable. The text’s teaching and learning package includes an Instructor’s Resource Manual, PowerPoint presentation slides, a test bank, a Student Workbook, and more.
Teaching and Learning Experience:
- Focuses on core information to concisely communicate the most important pharmacologic information.
- Takes a prototype approach to drug therapy, covering one or two most representative drugs in each classification.
- Highlights key information for safe, effective nursing care.
Table of Contents
Basic Concepts in Pharmacology
1. Introduction to Pharmacology: Drug Regulation and Approval
2. Drug Classes, Schedules, and Categories
3. Methods of Drug Administration
4. What Happens After a Drug Has Been Administered
5. The Nursing Process in Pharmacology
6. The Role of Complementary and Alternative Therapies in Pharmacology
7. Substance Abuse
The Nervous System
8. Drugs Affecting Functions of the Autonomic Nervous System
9. Drugs for Anxiety and Insomnia
10. Drugs for Emotional, Mood, and Behavioral Disorders
11. Drugs for Psychoses
12. Drugs for Degenerative Diseases and Muscles
13. Drugs for Seizures
14. Drugs for Pain Management
15. Drugs for Anesthesia
The Cardiovascular and Urinary Systems
16. Drugs for Lipid Disorders
17.Diuretics and Drugs for Electrolyte and Acid-Base Disorders
18. Drugs for Hypertension
19. Drugs for Heart Failure
20. Drugs for Angina Pectoris, Myocardial Infarction, and Stroke
21. Drugs for Shock and Anaphylaxis
22. Drugs for Dysrhythmias
23. Drugs for Coagulation Disorders
The Immune System
24. Drugs for Inflammation and Fever
25. Drugs for Immune System Modulation
26. Drugs for Bacterial Infections
27. Drugs for Fungal, Viral, and Parasitic Diseases
28. Drugs for Neoplasia
The Respiratory and Digestive Systems
29. Drugs for Respiratory Disorders
30. Drugs for Gastrointestinal Disorders
31. Vitamins, Minerals, and Nutritional Supplements
The Endocrine and Reproductive Systems
32. Drugs for Endocrine Disorders
33. Drugs for Diabetes Mellitus
34. Drugs for Disorders and Conditions of the Reproductive System
The Skeletal System, Integumentary System, and Eyes and Ears
35. Drugs for Bone and Joint Disorders
36. Drugs for Skin Disorders
37. Drugs for Eye and Ear Disorders
B: Brief Answers to NCLEX-PN® and Case Study Questions
C: Calculating Dosages
D: ISMP’s List of Error-Prone Abbreviation, Symbols, and Dose Designations
E: ISMP’s List of High-Alert Medications
Appendix F (Complete Answers and Rationales for NCLEX-PN® Review and Case Study Questions) and the Glossary appear on the related website.
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$33.32 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133910544
Includes this title packaged with:
- Student Workbook and Resource Guide for Core Concepts in Pharmacology, 4th Edition
Norman Holland, Michael Adams
$106.20 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780133984255
Includes this title packaged with:
- Pearson Nurse's Drug Guide 2015
Billie A. Wilson, Margaret Shannon, Kelly Shields
- Medical Surgical Nursing Care, 3rd Edition
Karen M. Burke, Priscilla LeMone, Elaine Mohn-Brown, Linda Eby
- Neighborhood 2.0 -- Student Access Code Card (18 months), 2nd Edition
- Pearson Education
$337.67 | Add to Cart
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$15.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-378088-8
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-344988-4