Applying philosophy to everyday life.
Core Questions in Philosophy emphasizes the idea that philosophy is a subject devoted to evaluating arguments and constructing theories.
Presented in an engaging lecture-style format, this text/reader focuses on the basic issues and ideas in philosophy with lectures/discussions, supported by readings from historically important sources. Discussions emphasize the logic of philosophical arguments and how they relate to the content of modern physical and social sciences.
Teaching & Learning Experience
The teaching and learning experience with this program helps to:
- Personalize Learning – MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Review questions at the end of each chapter allow students to review what they’ve just learned and think critically about related problems.
- Engage Students – Following a lecture format, the text portion is written in an engaging conversational tone.
- Explore Theory – Emphasis on evaluating arguments and constructing theories.
- Support Instructors – An instructor’s manual, test bank, MyTest Test Bank, and PowerPoint presentation provide more teaching resources. MySearchLab w/ etext has topic-specific assessment, flashcards, and chapter exams offer and report directly to your grade book.
Note: MySearchLab with eText does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MySearchLab, please visit:
www.mysearchlab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MySearchLab (at no additional cost): ValuePack ISBN-10: 0205861156 / ValuePack ISBN-13: 9780205861156
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$56.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-20415-1
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$48.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-20670-4
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$81.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-19135-2