Applying philosophy to everyday life.
Core Questions in Philosophy emphasizes the idea that philosophy is a subject devoted to evaluating arguments and constructing theories.
Presented in an engaging lecture-style format, this text/reader focuses on the basic issues and ideas in philosophy with lectures/discussions, supported by readings from historically important sources. Discussions emphasize the logic of philosophical arguments and how they relate to the content of modern physical and social sciences.
- Personalize Learning – MySearchLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed, provides engaging experiences that personalize learning, and comes from a trusted partner with educational expertise and a deep commitment to helping students and instructors achieve their goals.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Review questions at the end of each chapter allow students to review what they’ve just learned and think critically about related problems.
- Engage Students – Following a lecture format, the text portion is written in an engaging conversational tone.
- Explore Theory – Emphasis on evaluating arguments and constructing theories.
- Support Instructors – An instructor’s manual, test bank, MyTest Test Bank, and PowerPoint presentation provide more teaching resources. MySearchLab w/ etext has topic-specific assessment, flashcards, and chapter exams offer and report directly to your grade book.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Core Questions in Philosophy: A Text with Readings, CourseSmart eTextbook, 6th Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$39.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-20670-4