The Road to Knowledge: Information and Research guides teachers and students through three rich, dynamic lesson sets that focus on informational texts in the primary grades in ways that enliven inform, and inspire. With these lessons as a guide, students learn how to use the unique text features and structure of informational text to notice patterns and identify key ideas and concepts while building a vocabulary of domain-specific language. They see how to navigate informational texts and cite evidence, taking learning to a new level.
With this book as a guide, students see how to:
- Read and listen carefully to explore nonfiction topics and discover important and interesting facts and details.
- Begin to notice and understand how to use text features and text structure to support their understanding and navigation of informational text.
- Become curious researchers who ask and answer their own questions.
- Compare and contrast sources on the same topic.
- Learn to take notes in an organized and purposeful manner.
- Share their discoveries through writing, speaking, and visual presentation.
Table of Contents
Grade K—Connecting the Dots: Topics and Details in Informational Text
Grade 1—Navigating Non-Fiction
Grade 2—What’s The Big Idea: Using Text Features to Locate Key Information
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780133374889
Includes this title packaged with:
- Core Ready Lesson Sets for Grades K-2: A Staircase to Standards Success for English Language Arts, The Shape of Story: Yesterday and Today
- Core Ready Lesson Sets for Grades K-2: A Staircase to Standards Success for English Language Arts, The Power to Persuade: Opinion and Argument
- Core Ready Lesson Sets for Grades K-2: A Staircase to Standards Success for English Language Arts, The Journey to Meaning: Comprehension and Critique
- Be Core Ready: Powerful, Effective Steps to Implementing and Achieving the Common Core State Standards
- PDToolKit -- Component Access Card -- for Pam Allyn's Core Ready Series
- Box for Core Ready Lesson Sets for Grades K-2
$149.65 | Add to Cart
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.