This book is part of Pam Allyn’s highly popular Core Ready series, a dynamic series of books that gives educators critical tools for navigating the Common Core Standards effectively, fluidly, and successfully. Using the information presented in the series, educators see how to take complex concepts related to the standards and turn them into practical, specific, everyday lessons. The books address the needs of all learners, including ELL and special needs diverse learners, and cover the uses of technology and new media.
The Journey to Meaning: Comprehension and Critique helps cultivate students who think deeply about the meaning of what they read and use skills and strategies with purpose and flexibility. The practical lesson sets included let students search text and illustrations for key ideas and details, ask and answer questions, and make connections and draw inferences using evidence from their reading. Students get the opportunity to explore the elements of fiction and cite evidence to support their thinking about character, setting, plot and point of view.
With this book as a guide student see how to:
- Use quality literature as their inspiration to create their own fiction and personal narrative stories in a variety of literary genres.
- Develop character, setting, and events, adding details and visuals to strengthen meaning and imagery.
- Write to convey their own point of view and that of imaginary characters in their stories.
- Share their writing and thinking with others orally and/or using appropriate tools and technologies.
Visit http://pdtoolkit.pearson.com to purchase access to the PDToolkit for Pam Allyn's Core Ready Series. The PDToolkit access does not come with the print book.
PDToolkit for Pam Allyn's Core Ready Series is a supplemental online subscription-based resource that provides the tools that educators need to implement the Common Core Standards effectively, fluidly, and successfully. The PDToolkit, together with the texts, provides the tools you need to ensure a standards-aligned year of joyful, effective, research-based literacy curriculum.
Table of Contents
Grade K—A Thousand Words: Close Reading of Illustrations and Photographs
Grade 1—Getting to Know You: Characters in Narrative Stories
Grade 2—Seeing It My Way and Your Way: Point of View
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780134615738
Includes this title packaged with:
- Core Ready Lesson Sets for Grades K-2: A Staircase to Standards Success for English Language Arts, The Shape of Story: Yesterday and Today
- Core Ready Lesson Sets for Grades K-2: A Staircase to Standards Success for English Language Arts, The Road to Knowledge: Information and Research
- Box for Core Ready Lesson Sets for Grades K-2
$97.20 $92.34 | Add to Cart $36.00 $34.20 |
Free Ground Shipping.