For courses in First Year Experience, Student Success, and Introduction to College. Written specifically for 1 credit hour student success courses and/or those with blended and online students, it addresses the needs and challenges of students as digital learners. It aligns with learning outcomes from both the Student Success CourseConnect online course and MyStudentSuccessLab. Designed for use as a stand alone text or a print companion with one of these technologies for blended, online, or 1 credit hour student success courses.
Cornerstones for College Success Compact offers hallmark coverage of Bloom's taxonomy, SQ3R integration, Information and Financial literacy, and more. The print component provides an instructional foundation addresses the "why" of learning. When paired with CourseConnect or MyStudentSuccessLab as an online companion, it actively augments learning with activities, assessments, and extended thought-provoking exercises students need in order to understand how to apply the techniques. The lessons in Compact reflect the lessons found in CourseConnect and modules in MyStudentSuccessLab.
0321886097 / 9780321886095 Cornerstones for College Success Compact Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2012 Update
Package consists of:
0321856767 / 9780321856760 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2012 Update -- Access Card
0321860357 / 9780321860354 Cornerstones for College Success Compact
Table of Contents
BEGIN: The Goal of Cornerstones for College Success Compact and Our Commitment to You
GROW: Building A Life Plan through Goal Setting
PRIORITIZE: Creating an Academic Time Management Plan
PROSPER: Understanding and Using Financial Literacy
THINK: Developing Your Critical and Creative Thinking Skills
LEARN: Discovering and Applying Your Learning Style
RECORD: Cultivating Your Listening Skills and Finding a Note-Taking System That Works for You
READ: Building Your Reading and Comprehension Skills
STUDY: Developing Your Memory, Studying, and Test Taking Skills
COMMUNICATION and DIVERSITY: Improving Your Communication Skills and Celebrating Diversity
INFORMATION LITERACY: Determining the Credibility of Ideas and Resources
LIVE: Dealing with Stress in Positive Ways
PLAN: Exploring Your Career and Job Search Options
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Cornerstones for College Success Compact Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab Update -- Access Card Package as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$72.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-91933-5
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
$60.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85709-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$50.27 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94771-0
$56.93 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94019-3