For First Year Experience, Student Success, and Introduction to College courses. Written specifically for students attending two year programs, it addresses the needs and challenges of students in community and technical colleges.
Cornerstones for Community College Success is known for its concrete and practical strategies that students can apply to all college classes, the world of work, and life in general, it addresses the "why" of learning and the power of positive change. Offers hallmark coverage of Bloom's taxonomy, SQ3R integration, Information and Financial literacy. Major defining topics include first generation students, adult learners, making successful transitions, and planning for success in the second year and beyond. The ancillary materials are designed to assist instructors in delivering a top-level student success course.
0321886224 / 9780321886224 Cornerstones for Community College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2012 Update -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0321856767 / 9780321856760 NEW MyStudentSuccessLab 2012 Update -- Value Pack Access Card
0321860594 / 9780321860590 Cornerstones for Community College Success
Table of Contents
Preface Begin: The Goal of Cornerstones
Chapter 1 Change: Creating Success, Guiding Change, and Setting Goals
Chapter 2 Engage: Developing Your Personal and Academic Motivation
Chapter 3 Persist: Using the Tools of Self-Management to Stay in College
Chapter 4 Connect: Connecting with Technology, Research, and Information Literacy
Chapter 5 Think: Building Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, and Problem Solving Skills
Chapter 6 Prioritize: Planning Your Time and Reducing Stress
Chapter 7 Learn: Discovering Your Learning Styles, Dominent Intelligences, and Personality Type
Chapter 8 Read: Building Your Reading Comprehension Skills
Chapter 9 Record: Cultivating Your Listening Skills and Developing a Note Taking System
Chapter 10 Study: Developing Your Memory, Study, and Test Taking Skills
Chapter 11 Prosper: Managing Your Money and Debts Wisely
Chapter 12 Communicate: Communicating, Appreciating Diversity, and Managing Conflict
Chapter 13 Transition: Planning for Your Future
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Cornerstones for Community College Success Plus NEW MyStudentSuccessLab Update -- Access Card Package, 2nd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$72.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-91930-4
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94324-8
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85709-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$58.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-93241-9