Boyle/Panko provides a strong business focus along with a solid technical understanding of security tools. This text gives readers the IT security skills they need for the workplace.
This edition is more business focused and contains additional hands-on projects, coverage of wireless and data security, and case studies.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: The Threat Environment
Chapter 2: Planning and Policy
Chapter 3: Cryptography
Chapter 4: Secure Networks
Chapter 5: Access Control
Chapter 6: Firewalls
Chapter 7: Host Hardening
Chapter 8: Application Security
Chapter 9: Data Protection
Chapter 10: Incident and Disaster Response
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Corporate Computer Security, 3rd Edition
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Corporate Computer Security, 4th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users