Building on a long tradition of effective pedagogy and comprehensive coverage, The Cosmic Perspective: The Solar System, Sixth Edition provides the most engaging and up-to-date introduction to astronomy for non-science majors. The text provides a wealth of features to help enhance student skill building, including new Visual Skills Check end-of-chapter questions that provide an opportunity for students to test their visual interpretation skills, new Cosmic Context Figures that help students synthesize key concepts and processes, and a new comprehensive visual overview of scale to help students explore the scale of time and space. The Sixth Edition has also been fully updated to include the latest astronomical observations, research, and theoretical developments. The text is supported by the most robust package of instructor ancillaries.
This Volume The Cosmic Perspective: The Solar System, Sixth Edition includes Chapters 1-13, 14, and 24 of the main text.
Note: If you want the Main Text order ISBN 0321633660 9780321633668 Cosmic Perspective, The, 6/e
Table of Contents
I. DEVELOPING PERSPECTIVE
1. Our Place in the Universe
2. Discovering the Universe for Yourself
3. The Science of Astronomy
SI Celestial Timekeeping and Navigation
II. KEY CONCEPTS FOR ASTRONOMY
4. Making Sense of the Universe: Understanding Motion, Energy, and Gravity
5. Light and Matter: Reading Messages from the Cosmos
6. Telescopes: Portals of Discovery
III. LEARNING FROM OTHER WORLDS
7. Our Plaentary System
8. Formation of the Solar System
9. Planetary Geology: Earth and the Other Terrestrial Worlds
10. Planetary Atmospheres: Earth and the Other Terrestrial Worlds
11. Jovian Planet Systems
12. Asteroids, Comets, and Dwarf Planets: Their Nature, Orbits, and Impacts
13. Other Planetary Systems: The New Science of Distant Worlds
14. Our Star
VII. LIFE ON EARTH AND BEYOND
24. Life in the Universe
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9780321893154
Includes this title packaged with:
- Astronomy Active Learning In-Class Tutorials
Marvin L. De Jong
- SkyGazer 5.0 Student Access Code Card (Integrated component)
x x Carina Software
- Mastering Astronomy with Pearson eText Student Access Kit for The Cosmic Perspective (ME component), 6th Edition
Jeffrey O. Bennett, Megan O. Donahue, Nicholas Schneider, Mark Voit
$111.67 | Add to Cart
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Cosmic Perspective, The: The Solar System, 7th Edition.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$38.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-69752-3