Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to MyCounselingLab®. To order MyCounselingLab® packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0134297342.
The most comprehensive guide to the Counseling profession available!
Still the most readable, practical, and comprehensive overview of the roles and responsibilities of the professional counselor on the market, the seventh edition of Counseling: A Comprehensive Profession is updated and improved to meet the emerging needs of the developing counselor. Containing an even stronger emphasis on counseling as a profession and counseling as an identity along with new or expanded sections on history, wellness, trauma, social justice, multiculturalism, rehabilitation, motivational interviewing, bullying, microaggression, international counseling, process addiction, abuse, and ethical and legal issues in counseling, this text is more equipped to help students prepare for professional challenges and a lifetime as an effective counselor than ever before.
New Features Include:
- More multicultural than ever, this text presents within each chapter the changing demographics of the United States as well as background and strategies for working in a diverse and multicultural climate.
- New graphic organizers present key concepts with visual cues, making important topics easier to grasp than ever before.
- New Chapter Learning Objectives as well as suggestions for reading help students study this text more effectively and with more focus.
Also available with MyCounselingLab®
This title is also available with MyCounselingLab–an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through video clips, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
Table of Contents
PART 1 HISTORICAL AND PROFESSIONAL FOUNDATIONS OF COUNSELING
CHAPTER 1: History of and Trends in Counseling
CHAPTER 2: Personal and Professional Aspects of Counseling
CHAPTER 3: Ethical and Legal Aspects of Counseling
CHAPTER 4: Counseling in a Multicultural Society
CHAPTER 5: Counseling With Diverse Populations
PART 2 COUNSELING PROCESSES AND THEORIES
CHAPTER 6: Building Counseling Relationships
CHAPTER 7: Working in a Counseling Relationship
CHAPTER 8: Closing Counseling Relationships
CHAPTER 9: Psychoanalytic, Adlerian, and Humanistic Theories of Counseling
CHAPTER 10: Behavioral, Cognitive, Systemic, Brief, and Crisis Theories of Counseling
PART 3 Core Counseling Activities In Various Settings
CHAPTER 11: Groups in Counseling
CHAPTER 12: Consultation
CHAPTER 13: Evaluation and Research
CHAPTER 14: Testing, Assessment, and Diagnosis in Counseling
PART 4 COUNSELING SPECIALTIES
CHAPTER 15: Career Counseling Over the Life Span
CHAPTER 16: Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling
CHAPTER 17: Professional School Counseling
CHAPTER 18: College Counseling and Student-Life Services
CHAPTER 19: Abuse, Addiction, Disability and Counseling
CHAPTER 20: Clinical Mental Health and Private Practice Counseling
APPENDIX A Counseling-Related Organizations
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$65.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-309499-2
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$109.73 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-301269-9