The second edition of Counseling, Psychology, and Children takes a multidimensional four-part approach to counseling children. This approach: 1) capitalizes on the relationships children build with parents, teachers, and other adults; 2) looks at children's developmental processes; 3) examines multicultural influences upon them; and 4) takes into consideration the variety of intervention models available. Four chapters examine four major approaches to child therapy: psychodynamic, child-centered, behavioral/cognitive-behavioral, and family systems. In the final synthesizing chapter, the author draws upon his experience as therapist and teacher to bring everything together through a case study that shows his multidimensional approach in action.
Table of Contents
Part I. Basic Concepts and Issues for Multidimensional Interventions with Children.
1. A Multidimensional Approach to Intervention with Children.
2. Professional, Ethical, and Legal Issues.
3. Contemporary Issues: Managed Mental Health Care, Brief Therapies, and Empirically Supported Therapies for Children.
4. Assessment: The First Step.
5. Therapeutic Interventions with Children: Art and Science, Process and Outcome.
Part II. Therapeutic Interventions with Children: Theory and Practice
6. Psychodynamic Theory.
7. Psychodynamic Interventions.
8. Child-Centered Theory.
9. Child-Centered Interventions.
10. Behavioral and Cognitive-Behavioral Theory.
11. Behavioral and Cognitive-Behavioral Interventions.
12. Family Systems Theory.
13. Family Systems Interventions.
Part III. Multidimensional Interventions with Children: Other Therapeutic Strategies.
15. Psychopharmacotherapy and Other Interventions for Children.
16. Integrated Approaches to Intervention.
Appendix A. ACA Code of Ethics.
Appendix B. APA Code of Ethics.
Appendix C. NASW Code of Ethics.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Counseling, Psychology, and Children, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$53.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-501178-2