This innovative entrant into the foundations of counseling market meets the current generation of counseling students in the way they learn best–through meaningful pedagogical features and research-based content.
Through its distinctive features, this text provides opportunities for students to reflect on what they are learning and explore independently through this process of reflection. The authors believe in the development of practitioners who learn through examining controversy, staying abreast of current research, and challenging their own thinking. Such practices will provide students with tools that will ultimately help them develop their professional identities.
Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to MyCounselingLab®. To order MyCounselingLab® packaged with the bound book, use ISBN 0134466365.
Also available with MyCounselingLab®
This title is also available with MyCounselingLab–an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with the text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students see key concepts demonstrated through video clips, practice what they learn, test their understanding, and receive feedback to guide their learning and ensure they master key learning outcomes.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Who Are Counselors?
Chapter 2 What Do Counselors Do?
Chapter 3 How Are Counselors Trained and Regulated?
Chapter 4 How Do Counseling Students Get the Most from Their Graduate Programs?
Chapter 6 How Do Counselors Use Theories?
Chapter 7 How Do Counselors Use Research?
Chapter 8 What Happens in a Counseling Session?
Chapter 9 Where Does Counseling Take Place?
Chapter 10 How Do Counselors Work in a Diverse Society?
Chapter 11 How Do Counselors Collect and Use Assessment Information?
Chapter 12 How Do Counselors Make Legal and Ethical Decisions?
Chapter 13 How Do Counselors Maintain Their Personal Wellness?
Chapter 14 Counseling TomorrowReferences
Additional Course Materials
$63.40 | Add to Cart
$15.20 | Add to Cart
$15.20 | Add to Cart
$15.40 | Add to Cart
$16.00 | Add to Cart
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$67.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300036-8