NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of the MyLab™ and Mastering™ platforms exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use MyLab or Mastering, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the MyLab platform may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes MyLab Counseling.
Meaningful learning aids and real-life scenarios help students learn to become reflective practitioners.
Counseling Today: Foundations of Professional Identity does more than overview professional practice competencies—it actively engages students using relatable, real-life scenarios and effective pedagogical aids designed for the way they learn best.
As students are introduced to current research, controversial topics, and authentic counseling stories, they are challenged to think critically and reflect on what they learn. This approach keeps them involved in their learning as they acquire the skills they need to develop their professional identities. Filled with more first-person accounts, new social justice themes, over 300 updated reference citations, and the latest CACREP standards, the 2nd Edition gives readers true insight into the way that counseling is practiced today.
Reach every student by pairing this text with MyLab Counseling
MyLab™ is the teaching and learning platform that empowers you to reach every student. By combining trusted author content with digital tools and a flexible platform, MyLab personalizes the learning experience and improves results for each student. MyLab Counseling organizes all assignments around essential learning outcomes and the CACREP standards—enabling easy course alignment and reporting.
0134798694 / 9780134798691 Counseling Today: Foundations of Professional Identity plus MyLab Counseling with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
- 0134816420 / 9780134816425 Counseling Today: Foundations of Professional Identity
- 0134816552 / 9780134816555 MyLab Counseling with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Counseling Today: Foundations of Professional Identity
Table of Contents
1. Who Are Counselors?
2. What Do Counselors Do?
3. How Are Counselors Trained and Regulated?
4. How Do Counselors Integrate Personal and Professional Identity?
5. How Do Counseling Students Get the Most from Their Graduate Programs?
6. How Do Counselors Use Theories?
7. How Do Counselors Use Research?
8. What Happens in a Counseling Session?
9. Where Do Counselors Work?
10. How Do Counselors Promote Social Justice and Engage in Culturally Competent Counseling?
11. How Do Counselors Collect and Use Assessment Information?
12. How Do Counselors Make Legal and Ethical Decisions?
13. How Do Counselors Support Wellness in Themselves and Their Clients?
14. Counseling Tomorrow
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-481653-1
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-481659-3
Digital + Print
$133.32 $106.66 |
Free Ground Shipping.
$119.99 $95.99 |