Re-examines American History through the theme of contested equality
Taking an inclusive view of American history, Created Equal emphasizes the struggles for equality experienced by diverse groups of Americans across the many regions of the nation. With a steadfast chronological framework, and a strong narrative thread, the authors offer a fresh and critical perspective on the traditional story.
MyHistoryLab is an integral part of the Jones program. Key learning applications include assessment, MyHistoryLab Video Series, and History Explorer.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience–for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning — Personalize Learning — MyHistoryLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Emphasize Outcomes — Learning Objective Questions at the beginning of each chapter and a chapter review and thematic timeline ending each chapter keep students focused on what they need to know. On MyHistoryLab, practice tests help students achieve these objectives by measuring progress and creating personalized study plans.
- Engage Students — A new pedagogically-driven design highlights a clear learning path through the material and offers a visually stunning learning experience in print or on a screen. With the Pearson eText, students can transition directly to MyHistoryLab resources such as primary source documents, videos, and mapping exercises.
- Improve Critical Thinking — Powerful learning applications in MyHistoryLab–including Explorer mapping exercises, Closer Look analyses of sources and topics, and Writing Assessments tied to engaging videos–promote critical thinking.
- Support Instructors — MyHistoryLab, Instructor’s eText, MyHistoryLab Instructor’s Guide, Class Preparation Tool, Instructor’s Manual, MyTest, and PowerPoints are available.
Note: MyHistoryLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyHistoryLab, please visit:
www.myhistorylab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyHistoryLab (at no additional cost).
Table of Contents
Chapter 17: Challenges to Government and Corporate Power, 1877–1890
Chapter 18: Political and Cultural Conflict in a Decade of Depression and War: The 1890s
Chapter 19: Visions of the Modern Nation: The Progressive Era, 1900–1912
Chapter 20: War and Revolution, 1912–1920
Chapter 21: All That Jazz: The 1920s
Chapter 22: Hards hip and H ope : The Great Depression of the 1930s
Chapter 23: Global Conflict: World War II, 1937–1945
Chapter 24: Cold War and Hot War, 1945–1953
Chapter 25: Domestic Dreams and Atomic Nightmares, 1953–1963
Chapter 26: The Nation Divides: The Vietnam War and Social Conflict, 1964–1971
Chapter 27: Reconsidering National Priorities, 1972–1979
Chapter 28: The Cold War Returns—and Ends, 1979–1991
Chapter 29: Post-Cold War America, 1991–2000
Chapter 30: A Global Nation in the New Millennium
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Package ISBN-13: 9781269642651
Includes this title packaged with:
- MyHistoryLab New Design for HIST 1302 for Sam Houston State University -- Valuepack Access Card
Jacqueline A. Jones, Peter H. Wood, Thomas Borstelmann, Elaine Tyler May, Vicki L. Ruiz
$107.80 | Add to Cart
Package ISBN-13: 9780205964277
Includes this title packaged with:
- Dissent in America
Ralph F. Young
$131.31 | Add to Cart
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$35.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-90001-5
$55.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-89945-6
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$42.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-90010-7
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$58.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-96253-2
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$70.67 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-90006-0