Re-examines American History through the theme of contested equality
Taking an inclusive view of American history, Created Equal emphasizes the struggles for equality experienced by diverse groups of Americans across the many regions of the nation. With a steadfast chronological framework, and a strong narrative thread, the authors offer a fresh and critical perspective on the traditional story.
MyHistoryLab is an integral part of the Jones program. Key learning applications include assessment, MyHistoryLab Video Series, and History Explorer.
A better teaching and learning experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Personalize Learning – MyHistoryLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program. It helps students prepare for class and instructor gauge individual and class performance.
- Emphasize Outcomes – Learning Objective Questions at the beginning of each chapter and a chapter review and thematic timeline ending each chapter keep students focused on what they need to know. On MyHistoryLab, practice tests help students achieve these objectives by measuring progress and creating personalized study plans.
- Engage Students – A new pedagogically-driven design highlights a clear learning path through the material and offers a visually stunning learning experience in print or on a screen. With the Pearson eText, students can transition directly to MyHistoryLab resources such as primary source documents, videos, and mapping exercises.
- Improve Critical Thinking – Powerful learning applications in MyHistoryLab—including Explorer mapping exercises, Closer Look analyses of sources and topics, and Writing Assessments tied to engaging videos—promote critical thinking.
- Support Instructors – MyHistoryLab, Instructor’s eText, MyHistoryLab Instructor’s Guide, Class Preparation Tool, Instructor’s Manual, MyTest, and PowerPoints are available.
Note: MyHistoryLab does not come automatically packaged with this text. To purchase MyHistoryLab, please visit:
www.myhistorylab.com or you can purchase a valuepack of the text + MyHistoryLab (at no additional cost).
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: European Footholds in North America, 1600–1660
Chapter 3: Controlling the Edges of the Continent, 1600–1715
Chapter 4: African Enslavement: The Terrible Transformation
Chapter 5: Colonial Diversity, 1713–1763
Chapter 6: The Limits of Imperial Control, 1763–1775
Chapter 7: Revolutionaries at War, 1775–1783
Chapter 8: New Beginnings: The 1780s
Chapter 9: Revolutionary Legacies, 1789–1803
Chapter 10: Defending and Expanding the New Nation, 1804–1818
Chapter 11: Societ y and Politics in t he “Age of the Common Man,” 1819–1832
Chapter 12: Peoples in Motion, 1832–1848
Chapter 13: The Crisis over Slavery, 1848–1860
Chapter 14: “To Fight to Gain a Country”: The Civil War
Chapter 15: Consolidating a Triumphant Union, 1865–1877
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$83.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-89945-6
$61.65 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-90001-5
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-97803-8
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$66.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-96252-5
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$83.33 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-89952-4