Criminal Investigation is designed to help students develop an analytical understanding of the investigative process. Assuming no prior knowledge of the field, the book uses an accessible, authoritative style to discuss basic investigative techniques, major types of property and violent crime and the history and future of the field. Unique to this text, it links specific investigative techniques to specific crimes and explains the relationship of criminalistics to the investigative process. This edition retains its overall design, while incorporating new investigative profiles, additional websites, a revised chapter on computer crime and updated techniques and methodology.
Table of Contents
1. Historical Origins of Criminal Investigation
2. Introduction of basic concepts
3. The Investigative Method
4. Note-Taking and Reports
5. The Crime Scene Focus
7. Traditional Sources of Information
8. Computer-Aided Investigations and Computer Crime
11. Homicide and Aggravated Assault
12. Rape and Sexual Offenses
14. Narcotics and Drug Investigations
15. Youth Gang Investigations
16. Special Investigations
17. Suspect Identification
18. The Investigator in Court
19. The Future of Criminal Investigation
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Criminal Investigation, CourseSmart eTextbook, 8th Edition
Format: Safari Book
$56.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-504335-6