For courses in Criminal Investigation
Brief. Affordable. Visual.
Criminal Investigation, Third Edition, provides an affordable, thought-provoking look at criminal investigations that uses clear writing and eye-catching visuals to get your students straight to the important concepts. By focusing on these core concepts, students will gain true understanding of the material, without becoming overwhelmed with unnecessary information. Lyman presents information that parallels the steps and considerations observed in an actual criminal investigation, blending scientific theories of crime detection with a practical approach to criminal investigation. The book's conversation-starting pedagogy encourages active participation in learning, moving students beyond memorization by engaging them in the latest research findings and current events shaping the field.
Criminal Investigation, Third Edition, is also available via Revel™, an interactive learning environment that enables students to read, practice, and study in one continuous experience.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Fundamentals of Criminal Investigation
1. Foundations of Criminal Investigation
2. The Crime Scene: Field Notes, Documenting, and Reporting
3. Processing the Crime Scene
Part 2: Follow-Up Investigative Processes
4. Identifying Criminal Suspects Field and Laboratory Processes
5. Legal Issues in Criminal Investigation
Part 3: Obtaining Information
6. Interviews and Interrogations
7. Criminal Intelligence and Surveillance Operations
8. Informant Management and Undercover Operations
Part 4: Crimes against Persons
9. Death Investigations
11. Assault and Related Offenses
12. Missing and Abducted Persons
13. Crimes against Children: Child Abuse and Child Fatalities
Part 5: Crimes against Property
14. Theft-Related Offenses
15. Arson and Bombings
Part 6: Terrorism
16. Terrorism and National Security Crimes
$49.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-455992-6
$86.65 $82.32 |
ISBN-13: 978-0-13-455987-2 $126.65 $120.32 |
Free Ground Shipping.