Criminal Justice, Fifth Edition, examines the themes of crime and justice to reveal their significant history, current facts, and modern trends, tracing them from the past to the present and into the future. This successful introductory text continues to focus on critical thinking and the media's influence on criminal justice and the public's perception of criminal justice. Albanese gives new attention to up-to-the-minute laws and policies related to crime, law, search and seizure, and operations of the criminal justice system, as well as coverage of issues of technology, including crimes facilitated by the Internet, identity theft, and international issues.
Table of Contents
CHAPTER 1 Perspectives on Criminal Justice
CHAPTER 2 Defining and Analyzing Crime
CHAPTER 3 Criminal Law & the Criminal Justice Process
CHAPTER 4 Origins and Organization of Law Enforcement
CHAPTER 5 Criminal Procedure and the Police
CHAPTER 6 Issues in Law Enforcement and Police Behavior
CHAPTER 7 Origins and Organization of Courts
CHAPTER 8 Trial Defense and Prosecution
CHAPTER 9 Trials and Sentencing
CHAPTER 10 Origins and Organization of Jails and Prisons
CHAPTER 11 Probation, Community Corrections, and Re-entry
CHAPTER 12 Justice and Punishment in the 21st Century
CHAPTER 13 Crime and Justice in the 21st Century: White Collar Crime, Organized Crime, and Terrorism
CHAPTER 14 Juvenile Justice
CHAPTER 15 Comparative and International Criminal Justice
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users