The first and BEST-SELLING brief introduction to criminal justice text, Criminal Justice: A Brief Introduction 9e offers instructors and students a trusted, authoritative and impeccably researched introduction to police, courts, and corrections. Designed with a new visual approach, this edition integrates graphic art with the important concepts and ideas of criminal justice. Its unifying theme, its unmatched timeliness and its coverage of trends and technology makes this text THE standard by which all other brief texts are judged. An interactive website along with author tweets (@schmalleger) extends chapter material and provides up-to-the minute currentthe most recent information on this ever-evolving field. This is the standalone book, if you want the book/access code order the ISBN listed below.
0132768887 / 9780132768887 Criminal Justice: A Brief Introduction and Criminal Justice Interactive Student Access Code Card Package
Package consists of:
0135068460 / 9780135068465 Criminal Justice Interactive Student Access Code Card
0137069839 / 9780137069835 Criminal Justice: A Brief Introduction
Table of Contents
PART I: CRIME IN AMERICA
1. What is Criminal Justice?
2. The Crime Picture
3. Criminal Law
PART II: POLICING
4. Policing: Purpose and Organizations
5. Policing: Legal Aspects
6. Policing: Issues and Challenges
PART III: ADJUDICATION
7. The Courts
8. The Courtroom Work Group and the Criminal Trial
PART IV: CORRECTIONS
10. Probation, Parole, and Community Corrections
11. Prisons and Jails
12. Prison Life
PART V: THE JUVENILE JUSTICE SYSTEM
13. Juvenile Justice
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Criminal Justice: A Brief Introduction, 10th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users