For courses in Research Methods in Criminology or Criminal Justice.
Criminal Justice and Criminology Research Methods, 2e is a rigorous yet engaging text that offers balanced coverage of contemporary research methods. Filled with criminology and criminal justice examples, it demonstrates how research is relevant to the field and what tools are needed to actually conduct that research. Streamlined in this edition, it offers distinct coverage of qualitative research and quantitative research and includes new Camtasia-based learning modules that visually reinforce key concepts. With its real-life examples and cutting-edge content, the text goes beyond the nuts and bolts to teach students how to competently critique as well as create research-based knowledge.
Table of Contents
Part One: DISCIPLINARY, THEORETICAL, AND PHILOSOPHICAL FOUNDATIONS
1. Criminal Justice and Criminology Research: Mapping the Terrain
2. The Nature of Science and Research
3. Philosophical and Theoretical Foundations
Part Two: CONSIDERATIONS IN RESEARCH PREPARATION
4. The Ethics and Politics of Crime and Justice Research
5. Research Design and Measurement
6. Sampling in Crime and Justice Research
Part Three: QUANTITATIVE DATA COLLECTION AND ANALYSIS
7. Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Crime and Justice Research
8. Survey and Interview Methods
9. Nonreactive Research: Content Analysis and Existing Documents/Statistics
10. Analysis of Quantitative Data
Part Four: QUALITATIVE RESEARCH, MIXED METHODS, AND PRESENTING RESEARCH
11. The Nature of Qualitative Research
12. Crime and Justice Ethnographic Field Research
13. Historical, Academic Legal, and Mixed Methods Research
14. Presenting Crime and Justice Research
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Criminal Justice and Criminology Research Methods, CourseSmart eTextbook, 2nd Edition
Format: Electronic Book
$62.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-801376-9