Criminal Justice Today, 12/e, continues to lead as the gold-standard for criminal justice texts. Best-selling, student- and instructor-preferred, and time-tested—Schmalleger is the most current and popular text in the market. The text guides criminal justice students in the struggle to find a satisfying balance between freedom and security, and focuses on the crime picture in America and on the three traditional elements of the criminal justice system: police, courts, and corrections.
Table of Contents
Part 1 CRIME IN AMERICA
Chapter 1 What Is Criminal Justice?
Chapter 2 The Crime Picture
Chapter 3 The Search for Causes
Chapter 4 Criminal Law
Part 2 POLICING
Chapter 5 Policing: History and Structure
Chapter 6 Policing: Purpose and Organization
Chapter 7 Policing: Legal Aspects
Chapter 8 Policing: Issues and Challenges
Part 3 ADJUDICATION
Chapter 9 The Courts: Structure and Participants
Chapter 10 Pretrial Activities and the Criminal Trial
Chapter 11 Sentencing
Part 4 CORRECTIONS
Chapter 12 Probation, Parole, and Community Corrections
Chapter 13 Prisons and Jails
Chapter 14 Prison Life
Part 5 SPECIAL ISSUES
Chapter 15 Juvenile Justice
Chapter 16 Drugs and Crime
Chapter 17 Terrorism and Multinational Criminal Justice
Chapter 18 The Future of Criminal Justice
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Criminal Justice Today: An Introductory Text for the 21st Century, 13th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$133.20 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-274000-5