This exciting new addition to Pearson’s Justice Series is a comprehensive introduction to criminal procedure, from the point individuals first come into contact with the police, all the way through to the appeal process. Ideal for undergrads, CRIMINAL PROCEDURE: A BRIEF INTRODUCTION presupposes no legal expertise, connects criminal procedure cases to the real world through innovative pedagogy, and encourages students to think critically. All this is accomplished in a brief book with an engaging design that motivates students to keep reading.
Table of Contents
PART 1: FOUNDATIONS
Chapter 1: Introduction to Criminal Procedure
Chapter 2: The Exclusionary Rule and Other Remedies
PART 2: SEARCH AND SEIZURE
Chapter 3: Introduction to the Fourth Amendment
Chapter 4: Searches and Arrests with Warrants
Chapter 5: Searches and Arrests without Warrants
Chapter 6: Stop and Frisk
Chapter 7: Special Needs and Regulatory Searches
PART 3: INTERROGATIONS, CONFESSIONS, AND IDENTIFICATION PROCEDURES
Chapter 8: Interrogation and Confessions
Chapter 9: Identifications
PART 4: FORMAL PROCEEDINGS
Chapter 10: The Pretrial Process
Chapter 11: Prosecutors, Grand Juries, and Defense Attorneys
Chapter 12: Plea Bargaining and Guilty Pleas
Chapter 13: Trial and Beyond
This item has been upgraded to Criminal Procedure, 2nd Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users