For courses in criminology and criminological theory.
Criminological Theory: A Brief Introduction, Third Edition, offers an accessible discussion of the major theories of crime, delinquency, social deviance, and social control with an objective and neutral approach. The text provides students with an understanding of not only what the central tenets are of criminological theories but also focuses on providing real-life examples and implications for criminal justice policy and practice.
Table of Contents
1. Theoretical Criminology: An Introductory Overview
2. Classical Theory in Criminology.
3. Biological Theories of Crime
4. Psychological Theories of Crime
5. The Social Ecology of Crime
6. Learning and Cultural Transmission Theories of Crime
7. Strain Theories of Crime.
8. Control Theories of Crime
9. Theories of Social Conflict
10. Evaluating and Integrating Theory
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Criminological Theory: A Brief Introduction, CourseSmart eTextbook, 3rd Edition
Format: Safari Book
$27.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-509982-7