Powerfully illustrated, compelling content.
Criminology is a user friendly criminology text that teaches students about the exciting field of criminology using the learning skills they already possess. In recognition of the visual orientation of today's learners, we sought to achieve a comprehensive integration of graphic art with the concepts and ideas of criminology. Consequently, Criminology is intensely visual. Its layout and design invite readers to explore its pages, which powerfully illustrate the critical concepts that are central to the field of criminology today. Our intent is to visually attract readers to the subject matter of criminology, making for ease of learning.
Table of Contents
PART I Criminology Explained – The Evil Men (and Women) Do
Chapter 1 What Is Criminology? Understanding Crime and Criminals
PART II Crime Causation -- What We Do and Why We Do It
Chapter 2 Classical & Neoclassical Criminology: Choice and Consequences
Chapter 3 Biological Roots of Criminal Behavior: It’s What We Are
Chapter 4 Psychological & Psychiatric Foundations of Criminal Behavior
Chapter 5 Social Structure: It’s How We Live
Chapter 6 Social Process and Social Development: It’s What We Learn
Chapter 7 Social Conflict: It’s How We Relate
Part III The Crime Picture: It’s Not Pretty
Chapter 8 Crimes Against Persons: What We Fear
Chapter 9 Crimes against Property: What We Lose
Chapter 10 White-Collar and Organized Crime: Crime as a Job
Chapter 11 Public Order Crime: Recreational Crime
Part IV Crime In the Modern World: Today’s Headlines
Chapter 12 Technology and Crime: It’s a Double-Edged Sword
Chapter 13 Globalization and Terrorism: Our Small World
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently out of stock.
We recommend Criminology (Justice Series), 3rd Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$89.10 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-397960-2
$89.10 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297393-9
$68.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-297397-7
$68.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-396830-9
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users