Criminology Today: An Integrative Introduction 6e is a clear, contemporary and comprehensive introduction to the study of criminology. Offering a thematic approach that contrasts the social responsibility and social problems approaches to crime theory, the book encourages students to think critically about the causes of crime. Completely up-to-date, this edition includes new Professor Speaks excepts, links to cutting-edge articles, and MyCrimeKit activities that encourage students explore how security and freedom interface in an age of increasing globalism.
Table of Contents
PART ONE: THE CRIME PICTURE
1. What is Criminology?
2. Where Do Theories Come From?
PART TWO: CRIME CAUSATION
3. Classical and Neoclassical Thought
4. Biological Roots of Criminal Behavior
5. Psychological and Psychiatric Foundations of Criminal Behavior
6. Social Structure Theories
7. Theories of Social Process and Social Development
8. Social Conflict Theories
PART THREE: CRIME IN THE MODERN WORLD
9. Crimes Against Persons
10. Crimes Against Property
11. White-Collar and Organized Crime
12. Public Order and Drug Crimes
13. Technology and Crime
14. Globalization and Terrorism
Format: Alternate Binding
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Criminology Today: An Integrative Introduction, 7th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$68.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-261505-1
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users