Stresses the importance of argumentation in everyday life
Critical Thinking and Communication, 7/e, encourages students to develop skills in constructing and refuting arguments in contexts ranging from informal conversations to structured debates. The authors stress the importance of argumentation in everyday life while building student competence and critical awareness. Through exercises and examples, students learn to create arguments and develop, understand, and interpret extended cases.
Table of Contents
Part I: Developing a Conceptual Framework for Argument
Chapter 1: Argument and Critical Thought
Chapter 2: Co-Orientational View of Argument
Chapter 3: Argument Cultures and Ethics
Part II: The Parts of an Argument
Chapter 4: Claims and Propositions
Chapter 5: Evidence
Chapter 6: Reasoning
Part III: Presenting and Critically Evaluating Arguments
Chapter 7: Communicating Arguments
Chapter 8: Argument Analysis and Criticism
Part IV: Developing and Arguing Extended Cases
Chapter 9: Case Construction and Arguing About Facts
Chapter 10: Arguing About Values
Chapter 11: Arguing About Polices
Enhance your learning experience with text-specific study materials.
$62.99 | Buy Access
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$64.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-205-94375-3