Trusted for its timeliness, readability, and sound pedagogy, The Cultural Landscape: An Introduction to Human Geography emphasizes the relevance of geographic concepts to human problems. The relationship between globalization and cultural diversity is woven throughout; Rubenstein addresses these themes with a clear organization and presentation that engages students and appeals to instructors. The Eleventh Edition focuses on issues of access and inequality to discuss negative trends (such as the economic downturn, depleting resources, and human-caused climate change) as well as positive steps taken (sustainability, technology, regime change, women’s rights, and more). An updated design is optimized for eBooks and more effective student learning. The cartography and photos are fully updated.
Table of Contents
1. Basic Concepts
2. Population and Health
4. Folk and Popular Culture
8. Political Geography
9. Development and Inequality
10. Food and Agriculture
13. Urban Patterns
Format: Alternate Binding
This item has been upgraded to Cultural Landscape, The: An Introduction to Human Geography, 12th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$75.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-86109-2
$75.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-89915-6
$16.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-68221-5
$45.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-85894-8
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$77.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-87176-3
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$130.07 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-84120-9