The ideal resource for researchers, theoreticians, and practitioners of curriculum; a ready reference for teachers, supervisors, and administrators who participate in curriculum making; and a widely popular text for courses in curriculum planning, development, implementation, and evaluation, this book presents a comprehensive, thoroughly documented, balanced overview of the foundations, principles, and issues of curriculum today. The information presented encourages readers to consider choices and then formulate their own views on curriculum.
Table of Contents
PART I: Foundations of Curriculum
Chapter 1 The Field of Curriculum
Chapter 2 Philosophical Foundations of Curriculum
Chapter 3 Historical Foundations of Curriculum
Chapter 4 Psychological Foundations of Curriculum
Chapter 5 Social Foundations of Curriculum
PART II: Principles of Curriculum
Chapter 6: Curriculum Design
Chapter 7: Curriculum Development
Chapter 8: Curriculum Implementation
Chapter 9: Curriculum Evaluation
PART III: Issues of Curriculum
Chapter 10: International Scenes in Education
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$15.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-288864-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$80.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-309541-8
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$134.27 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-301283-5