Get students straight to the point of database processing. Database Processing reflects a new teaching method that gets students straight to the point with its thorough and modern presentation of database processing fundamentals.
The thirteenth edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest software.
Table of Contents
2. Introduction to Structured Query Language
PART II. DATABASE DESIGN
3. The Relational Model and Normalization
4. Database Design Using Normalization
5. Data Modeling and the Entity-Relationship Model
6. Transforming Data Models in Database Designs
PART III. DATABASE IMPLEMENTATION
7. SQL for Database Construction and Application Processing
8. Database Redesign
PART IV. MULTIUSER DATABASE PROCESSING.
9. Managing Multiuser Databases
10. Managing Databases with SQL Server 2012, Oracle Database 11g, and MySQL 5.6
Online Chapter: 10A. Managing Databases with SQL Server 2012
Online Chapter: 10B. Managing Databases with Oracle 11g
Online Chapter: 10C. Managing Databases with MySQL 5.6
PART V. DATABASE ACCESS STANDARDS
11. The Web Server Environment
12. Big Data, Data Warehouses, and Business Intelligence Systems
Online Appendix A. Getting Started with Microsoft Access 2013
Online Appendix B. Getting Started in Systems Analysis and Design
Online Appendix C. E-R Diagrams and the IDEF1X Standard
Online Appendix D. E-R Diagrams and the UML Standard
Online Appendix E. Getting Started with MySQL Workbench Data Modeling Tools
Online Appendix F. Getting Started with Microsoft Vision 2010
Online Appendix G. Data Structures for Database Processing
Online Appendix H. The Semantic Object Model
Online Appendix I. Getting Started with Web Servers, PHP and the Eclipse PDT
Online Appendix J. Business Intelligence Systems
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Database Processing: Fundamentals, Design, and Implementation, 13th Edition
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$116.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-340187-5