Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Databases
2. Database Environment
3. Database Architectures and the Web
II. The Relational Model and Languages
4. The Relational model
5. Relational Algebra and Relational Calculus
6. SQL: Data Manipulation
7. SQL: Data Definition
8. Query-By-Example (QBE)
III. Database Analysis and Design
9. Database System Lifecycle
10. Database Analysis and the DreamHome Case Study
11. Entity–Relationship Modeling
12. Enhanced Entity–Relationship Modeling
14. Advanced Normalization
15. Methodology—Conceptual Database Design
16. Methodology—Logical Database Design for Relational Model
17. Methodology—Physical Database Design for Relational Databases
18. Methodology—Monitoring and Tuning the Operational System
V. Selected Database Issues
19. Security and Administration
20. Professional, Legal, and Ethical Issues
21. Transaction Management
22. Query Processing
VI. Distributed DBMSs and Replication
23. Distributed DBMSs—Concepts and Design
24. Distributed DBMSs—Advanced Concepts
25. Replication and Mobile Databases
VII. Object DBMSs
26. Object-Oriented DBMSs—Concepts and Design
27. Object-Oriented DBMSs—Standards and Languages
28. Object-Relational DBMSs
VIII. Web and DBMSs
29. Web Technology and DBMSs
30. Semistructured Data and XML
IX. Business Intelligence Technologies
31. Data Warehousing Concepts
32. Data Warehousing Design
34. Data Mining
A. Users' Requirements Specification for DreamHome Case Study
B. Other Case Studies
C. Alternative Data Modeling Notations
D. Summary of the Database Design Methodology for Relational Databases
E. Introduction to Pyrrho—A Liteweight RDBMS
F. File Organization and Storage Structures
G. When Is a DBMS Relational?
H. Commercial DBMSs: Access and Oracle
I. Programmatic SQL
J. Estimating Disk Space Requirements
K. Introduction to Object-Orientation
L. Example Web Scripts
This title is also sold in the various packages listed below. Before purchasing one of these packages, speak with your professor about which one will help you be successful in your course.
This title is currently unavailable on myPearsonStore.
We recommend Database Systems: A Practical Approach to Design, Implementation, and Management, 6th Edition as a replacement.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$78.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-607645-2