Drive sustainable supply chain competitive advantage through more effective supplier management and procurement: reduce costs, improve quality, and deliver better service for all customers. This is the most authoritative, complete guide to planning, implementing, measuring, and optimizing supply management and procurement processes. Straight from the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), it brings together up-to-the-minute principles, strategies, and decisions for all relevant processes, strategies, and tactics. Step by step, The Definitive Guide to Supply Management and Procurement covers all this, and more:
- Basic supply management concepts, purposes, and goals
- Linkages between procurement and other business functions
- Day-to-day transactional and long-term strategic activities
- Category analysis, supplier selection, contract negotiation, supplier relationship management, and performance evaluation
- Principles and strategies for establishing efficient, effective, and sustainable operations, from sourcing teams to supplier rationalization
- Technology for spend analysis, competitive bidding, eProcurement, eSourcing, auctions/reverse auctions, contract compliance, performance management, and more
- Requirements and challenges of global sourcing, including insource vs. outsource decisions; TCO analysis; risk management; negotiations, and supplier contract compliance
- Best practices for assessing performance using standard metrics and frameworks
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: Key Elements and Processes in Managing Supply Operations and How They Interact 29
Chapter 3: Principles and Strategies for Establishing Efficient, Effective, and Sustainable Supply Management Operations 57
Chapter 4: The Critical Role of Technology in Managing Supply Operations and Product Flows 85
Chapter 5: Define the Requirements and Challenges of Sourcing on a Global Basis 103
Chapter 6: Assessing the Internal and External Performance of Supply Management Operations 125
Chapter 7: Conclusions and Trends in Supply Management 143
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
Add to Cart