Strong supply management and procurement processes can provide organizations with a sustainable competitive advantage through lower costs, higher quality, and better service for both internal and external customers. Now, there’s an authoritative and comprehensive guide to best-practice supply management and procurement processes and operations for any organization. Co-authored by a leading expert alongside the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), this reference focuses on the key principles, strategies, and decisions required to implement and optimize all procurement processes and operations. Coverage includes:
- Basic supply management concepts, purposes, and goals; linkages between procurement and other business functions; day-to-day transactional and long-term strategic activities; direct and indirect spend; buying methods, and more
- Key elements, processes, and interactions, including category analysis, supplier screening and selection, contract negotiation and management, supplier relationship management, and supplier performance evaluation
- Principles/strategies for establishing efficient, effective, and sustainable operations: sourcing strategy, teams, supplier rationalization and optimization, global sourcing, outsourcing, law, codes of conduct, and sustainability
- The key roles and value of technology, including software for spend analysis, competitive bidding, eProcurement, eSourcing, auctions/reverse auctions, contract compliance, performance management, and emerging innovations
- Requirements and challenges of global sourcing, including insource vs. outsource decisions; TCO analysis; risk management and mitigation; negotiations, and supplier contract compliance in global environments
- Best practices for assessing performance using standard metrics and frameworks, including KPIs, tradeoff analysis, scorecarding, dashboards, and exception management
Table of Contents
Chapter 2: Key Elements and Processes in Managing Supply Operations and How They Interact 29
Chapter 3: Principles and Strategies for Establishing Efficient, Effective, and Sustainable Supply Management Operations 57
Chapter 4: The Critical Role of Technology in Managing Supply Operations and Product Flows 85
Chapter 5: Define the Requirements and Challenges of Sourcing on a Global Basis 103
Chapter 6: Assessing the Internal and External Performance of Supply Management Operations 125
Chapter 7: Conclusions and Trends in Supply Management 143
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
Definitive Guide to Supply Management and Procurement, The: Principles and Strategies for Establishing Efficient, Effective, and Sustainable Supply Management Operations, CourseSmart eTextbook
Format: Safari Book
$41.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-344907-5