Develop ten essential management skills.
With an emphasis on self assessments, Developing Management Skills gets readers involved in the learning experience, helping them connect the theories to their own lives. Further, this text focuses on developing the ten essential skills needed for success and gives readers tangible goals to work towards.
Based on suggestions from reviewers, instructors, and students, a number of changes–including new skill-assessments and cases, and updated research–have been incorporated in the eighth edition.
013380657X / 9780133806571 Developing Management Skills Plus 2014 MyManagementLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133594041 / 9780133594041 2014 MyManagementLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Developing Management Skills
0136121004 / 9780136121008 Developing Management Skills
Table of Contents
1. Developing Self-Awareness
2. Managing Personal Stress
3. Solving Problems Analytically and Creatively
PART II: INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
4. Building Relationships by Communicating Supportively
5. Gaining Power and Influence
6. Motivating Others
7. Managing Conflict
PART III: GROUP SKILLS
8. Empowering and Delegating
9. Building Effective Teams and Teamwork
10. Leading Positive Change
PART IV: SPECIFIC COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Supplement A. Making Oral and Written Presentations
Supplement B. Conducting Interviews
Supplement C. Conducting Meetings
This item has been upgraded to Developing Management Skills Plus MyManagementLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 9th Edition.
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$84.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359403-4
$89.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-612576-1
$44.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-359401-0
$44.95 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-267115-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$99.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-299693-8
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$174.47 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-385320-9
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$166.47 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-215493-2