In this practical resource, pre- and in-service educational administrators get step-by-step guidance in every aspect of the curriculum development process—from the underlying principles and concepts to the roles of school personnel, the components of the process, technology in curriculum and instruction, and the most up-to-date curriculum issues. An all-new chapter on The Digital Classroom gives readers a look at how technology is changing the classroom environment and helps them understand the new trends that allow today’s students to compete successfully in today’s global workplace. Included are numerous references to both historic and contemporary works that provide readers with an excellent synthesis of the principles and practices used to create an effective curriculum.
Table of Contents
PART I CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT: Theoretical Dimensions
Chapter 1 Curriculum and Instruction Defined
Chapter 2 Principles of Curriculum Development
PART II CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT: Roles of School Personnel
Chapter 3 Curriculum Planning: A Multi-Level, Multi-Sector Process
Chapter 4 Curriculum Planning: The Human Dimension
PART III Components of the Process
Chapter 5 Models for Curriculum Development
Chapter 6 Philosophy and Aims of Education
Chapter 7 Data-Driven Decision Making
Chapter 8 Curriculum Goals, Objectives, and Products
Chapter 9 Organizing and Implementing the Curriculum
Chapter 10 Instructional Goals and Objectives
Chapter 11 Selecting and Implementing Strategies of Instruction
Chapter 12 Evaluating Instruction
Chapter 13 Evaluating the Curriculum
PART IV CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT: Technology in Curriculum and Instruction
Chapter 14 Digital Curriculum
PART V CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT: Issues in Curriculum Development
Chapter 15 Current Curriculum Issues
NAME & SUBJECT INDEXES
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$15.00 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-288864-6
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$80.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-312287-9
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$134.27 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-301282-8