Note: This is the bound book only and does not include access to the Enhanced Pearson eText. To order the Enhanced Pearson eText packaged with a bound book, use ISBN 0133830977.
Helps students create the best programs for young children ages three through eight.
The authors’ goal in writing Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum: Best Practices in Early Childhood Education was to bring together the best information currently available for developing an integrated approach to curriculum and instruction in the early years.
The Sixth Edition addresses all aspects of classroom life, including the roles of children and adults, the physical and social environments, and teaching and learning within multiple domains for children age three to eight. It provides a comprehensive, cohesive approach to curriculum development, which results in greater continuity for children and practitioners in group settings in childcare, preschool, and the early elementary grades.
Concentrating as much on the “how” of curriculum development as on the “what and why,” the authors provide practical, research-based guidelines for translating theory into best practice that accommodates age-appropriateness, individual differences, and social and cultural diversity. Students learn how to conceptualize, plan, implement, and evaluate curriculum through detailed application opportunities in each chapter. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video, licensure examination preparation exercises, and assessments
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
Table of Contents
Part 1 Foundations of Early Childhood Education
Chapter 1: Developmentally Appropriate Practice
Chapter 2: Teaching and Learning in Developmentally Appropriate Programs
Part 2 Setting the Stage for Learning
Chapter 3: Planning and Implementing Effective Small-Group Activities
Chapter 4: Planning and Implementing Effective Group-Time Activities
Chapter 5: Organizing Space and Materials
Chapter 6: Child Guidance in Early Childhood Classrooms
Chapter 7: Assessing and Evaluating Children's Learning
Chapter 8: Strengthening Developmentally Appropriate Programs Through Family Engagement
Part 3 The Curriculum
Chapter 9: The Aesthetic Domain
Chapter 10: The Affective Domain
Chapter 11: The Cognitive Domain
Chapter 12: The Language Domain
Chapter 13: The Physical Domain
Chapter 14: The Social Domain
Part 4 Integrating Curriculum
Chapter 15: Integrating Curriculum Through Pretend and Construction Play
Chapter 16: Organizing Children's Learning Over Time
Digital Choices ?
MyLab & Mastering with Pearson eText is a complete digital substitute for a print value pack at a lower price.
With VitalSource eTextbooks, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Access your course materials on iPad, Android and Kindle devices with VitalSource Bookshelf, the textbook e-reader that helps you read, study and learn brilliantly. Features include:
- See all of your eTextbooks at a glance and access them instantly anywhere, anytime from your Bookshelf - no backpack required.
- Multiple ways to move between pages and sections including linked Table of Contents and Search make navigating eTextbooks a snap.
- Highlight text with one click in your choice of colors. Add notes to highlighted passages. Even subscribe to your classmates' and instructors' highlights and notes to view in your book.
- Scale images and text to any size with multi-level zoom without losing page clarity. Customize your page display and reading experience to create a personal learning experience that best suits you.
- Print only the pages you need within limits set by publisher
- Supports course materials that include rich media and interactivity like videos and quizzes
- Easily copy/paste text passages for homework and papers
- Supports assistive technologies for accessibility by vision and hearing impaired users
$63.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-352166-5