If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText.
Help future teachers create the best programs for young children ages three through eight
Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum: Best Practices in Early Childhood Education is an all-in-one guide that brings together everything pre-service teachers need to implement an integrated, developmental approach to curriculum-based instruction.
The 7th Edition addresses all aspects of classroom life—conceptualization, planning, implementation, and evaluation—for children ages three through eight. This comprehensive, cohesive approach emphasizes the “how” of curriculum development, as well as the “what and why.” With practical, research-based guidelines, sample activities and lesson plans for each curriculum domain, and a focus on teaching methods, readers have the tools they need to translate theory into age-appropriate practice that accommodates individual, social, and cultural differences.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content with embedded videos and interactive quizzes.The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. The interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.**
- Affordable. Experience the advantages of the Enhanced Pearson eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
**The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134747372 / 9780134747378 Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum: Best Practices in Early Childhood Education, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 013474764X / 9780134747644 Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum: Best Practices in Early Childhood Education, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
- 0134747674 / 9780134747675 Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum: Best Practices in Early Childhood Education
Table of Contents
Part 1: Foundations of Early Childhood Education
1. Developmentally Appropriate Practice
2. Teaching and Learning in Developmentally Appropriate Programs
Part 2: Setting the Stage for Learning
3. Planning and Implementing Effective Small-Group Activities
4. Planning and Implementing Effective Group-Time Activities
5. Organizing Space and Materials
6. Child Guidance in Early Childhood Classrooms
7. Assessing and Evaluating Children’s Learning
8. Strengthening Developmentally Appropriate Programs Through Family Engagement
Part 3: The Curriculum
9. The Aesthetic Domain
10. The Affective Domain
11. The Cognitive Domain
12. The Language Domain
13. The Physical Domain
14. The Social Domain
Part 4: Integrating Curriculum
15. Integrating Curriculum Through Pretend and Construction Play
16. Organizing Children’s Learning Over Time
Appendix A: Sample Lesson Plans
Appendix B: Field Trips
Appendix C: The Big, Big Turnip
$29.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-474762-0
$39.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-469560-0
Digital + Print
$126.65 $101.32 |
Free Ground Shipping.
$119.99 $95.99 |