Digital Electronics: A Practical Approach with VHDL, Ninth Edition, offers students an easy-to-learn-from resource that emphasizes practical application of circuit design, operation, and troubleshooting. Over 1,000 annotated color figures help explain circuit operation or emphasize critical components and input/output criteria. Throughout the text, the author employs a step-by-step approach that takes students from theory to example to application of the concepts. Over all nine editions, Kleitz has consistently sought out student feedback, along with his own experience of teaching the course in-class and on-line, to improve each new edition.
Table of Contents
1. NUMBER SYSTEMS AND CODES
2. DIGITAL ELECTRONIC SIGNALS AND SWITCHES
3. BASIC LOGIC GATES
4. PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC DEVICES: CPLDS AND FPGAS WITH VHDL DESIGN
5. BOOLEAN ALGEBRA AND REDUCTION TECHNIQUES
6. EXCLUSIVE-OR AND EXCLUSIVE-NOR GATES
7. ARITHMETIC OPERATIONS AND CIRCUITS
8. CODE CONVERTERS, MULTIPLEXERS, AND DEMULTIPLEXERS
9. LOGIC FAMILIES AND THEIR CHARACTERISTICS
10. FLIP-FLOPS AND REGISTERS
11. PRACTICAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR DIGITAL DESIGN
12. COUNTER CIRCUITS AND VHDL STATE MACHINES
13. SHIFT REGISTERS
14. MULTIVIBRATORS AND THE 555 TIMER
15. INTERFACING TO THE ANALOG WORLD
16. SEMICONDUCTOR, MAGNETIC AND OPTICAL MEMORY
17. MICROPROCESSOR FUNDAMENTALS
18. THE 8051 MICROCONTROLLER
Appendix A. WWW Sites.
Appendix B. Manufacturers' Data Sheets.
Appendix C. Explanation of the IEEE/IEC Standard for Logic Symbols (Dependency Notation).
Appendix D. Answers to Odd-Numbered Problems.
Appendix E. VHDL Language Reference.
Appendix F. Review of Basic Electricity Principles.
Appendix G. Schematic Diagrams for Chapter-End Problems.
Appendix H. 8051 Instruction Set.
Supplementary Index of ICs.
These online resources are available at no cost.
Companion Website for Digital Electronics: A Practical Approach with VHDL, 9th Edition
$45.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-300448-9
$232.80 $221.16 |
Free Ground Shipping.