• Learn how to pinpoint problems with your lighting and solve them to produce professional results.
• Break scenes into passes and layers, and convincingly composite 3D models into real-world environments.
• Adopt a linear workflow for more convincing lighting, global illumination, and compositing.
• Apply advanced rendering techniques using subsurface scattering, physically based lighting, caustics, and high dynamic range images.
• Build a bigger bag of tricks by learning “old-school” approaches such as tweaking shadow maps, faking GI with occlusion passes, and other cheats and tricks that save render time.
• Develop realistic materials and shaders, and design and assign detailed texture maps to your models.
• Mimic photographic exposure and cinematography techniques to simulate real-life f-stops, lens breathing, bokeh effects, and Kelvin color temperatures for more photorealistic renderings.
• Learn to light characters and environments in different situations: day or night; natural or artificial lights; indoors or outdoors; and in clear air, thick atmosphere, or under water.
• Understand production pipelines at visual effects and animation studios, and prepare for collaborative work on large lighting teams
• Get the latest insights into industry trends, and how to develop your lighting reel and get a job in an increasingly competitive industry.
• Download many of the 3D scenes used in this book from the author’s website to try texturing, lighting, and compositing on your own
Table of Contents
Chapter One Fundamentals of Lighting Design
Chapter Two Lighting Basics and Good Practices
Chapter Three Shadows and Occlusion
Chapter Four Lighting Environments and Architecture
Chapter Five Lighting Creatures, Characters, and Animation
Chapter Six Cameras and Exposure
Chapter Seven Composition and Staging
Chapter Eight The Art and Science of Color
Chapter Nine Shaders and Rendering Algorithms
Chapter Ten Designing and Assigning Textures
Chapter Eleven Rendering in Layers and Passes for Compositing
Chapter Twelve Production Pipelines and Professional Practices
Appendix Getting a Job in 3D Graphics
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discreetly watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
$47.99Add to Cart