In this inspiring and informative guide to modeling, industry veteran William Vaughan teaches you how to:
- Master modeling techniques to produce professional results in any 3D application
- Use the tools of a professional digital modeler
- Control your models polygon-count as well as polygon-flow
- Create both organic and hard surface models
- Understand a modeler’s role in a production environment
- Gain the knowledge to land a job in the industry as a digital modeler
- Model using specific tools such as LightWave and 3ds Max in over 6 hours of video training in the accompanying downloadable lesson files (see below for details)
- And much more!
All of Peachpit's eBooks contain the same content as the print edition. You will find a link in the last few pages of your eBook that directs you to the media files.
If you are able to search the book, search for "Where are the lesson files?"
Go to the very last page of the book and scroll backwards.
You will need a web-enabled device or computer in order to access the media files that accompany this ebook. Entering the URL supplied into a computer with web access will allow you to get to the files.
Depending on your device, it is possible that your display settings will cut off part of the URL. To make sure this is not the case, try reducing your font size and turning your device to a landscape view. This should cause the full URL to appear.
Table of Contents
What Is Digital Modeling?
Chapter Two Understanding a Modeler’s Role
Chapter Three Preparing for Modeling
Chapter Four Fundamentals of a Digital Model
Chapter Five Digital Modeling Methods
Chapter Six Professional Modeling Practices
Chapter Seven Polygonal Modeling
Chapter Eight Subdivision Surface Modeling
Chapter Nine Modeling a Realistic Head
Chapter Ten Modeling a Stylized Character
Chapter Eleven Product Modeling for Print Graphics
Chapter Twelve Digital Sculpting
Chapter Thirteen Game Modeling
Chapter Fourteen 3D Printing of Digital Models
Chapter Fifteen Getting a Job in Digital Modeling
Format: eBook (Watermarked)?
This eBook includes the following formats, accessible from your Account page after purchase:
EPUBThe open industry format known for its reflowable content and usability on supported mobile devices.
MOBIThe eBook format compatible with the Amazon Kindle and Amazon Kindle applications.
PDFThe popular standard, used most often with the free Adobe® Reader® software.
This eBook requires no passwords or activation to read. We customize your eBook by discretely watermarking it with your name, making it uniquely yours.
Includes EPUB, MOBI, and PDF
Add to Cart