For introductory courses in Hospitality.
The hospitality and tourism industry is vast and offers seemingly endless professional opportunities. Written for those considering a career in the field, this book explores each segment of the industry (lodging, foodservices, recreation, meeting planning etc.) and the various positions within each sector. Profiling hospitality leaders and rising stars, it shows readers different career paths and helps them determine their own career goals and aspirations. With a new chapter on entertainment, a new section on condo-hotels, and revised coverage of healthcare foodservices, it keeps stride with the fast-paced hospitality industry and helps readers discover their own place within it.
Table of Contents
PART I: INDUSTRY OVERVIEW
1. Travel and Tourism and Hospitality: Services For Those Away From Home
2. The Secret of Quality Service
3. Managers Must Manage
PART II: LODGING OPERATIONS
4. Overview: Hotels, Hotels, Hotels!
5. Full-Service Hotels
6. Limited-Service Hotels
7. Extended-Stay Hotels
8. Convention Hotels and Conference Centers
9. Resorts, Timeshares and Condo-Hotels
PART III: COMMERCIAL FOODSERVICES OPERATIONS
10. Overview: Profit-Making ( Commercial) Foodservices
11. Food and Beverage Operations in Hotels
12. Upscale Restaurants
13. Casual-Service ( Midscale) Restaurants
14. Family-Service Restaurants
15. Quick-Service Restaurants
16. Off-Site Catering
PART IV: NONCOMMERCIAL FOODSERVICES OPERATIONS
17. Contract Management Company Foodservices
18. Foodservices in Educational Organizations
19. Food and Nutrition Services in Healthcare Facilities
20. The Business of Business and Industry Foodservices
21. Vending and Office Coffee Services
PART V: RECREATION AND LEISURE ORGANIZATIONS
22. Private Club Management
23. Cruise Lines: A Close Look at Resorts on Water
24. Casino Entertainment Management
25. Sports and Recreational Foodservices: Part of the Leisure Service Market
26. Management of Amusement and theme Parks
27. Overview of the Entertainment Industry
PART VI: THE MEETINGS BUSINESS
28. Professional meeting management
29. Exhibition (Trade Show) Management
30. Special Events Management
PART VII: FOCUS ON YOU AND YOUR PROFESSIONAL CAREER
31. Planning Your Hospitality Career
32. The Job Search: Your First Professional Position
33. Your First Professional Position: Celebrate Success
34. Entrepreneur or Intrapreneur?
35. Domestic or Global Hospitality–or Both?
Purchase Info ?
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$62.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-500618-4