ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For Introductory World Regional Geography/Regional Geography Courses.
Think outside of the map
Diversity Amid Globalization takes you on a journey into the connections and diversity between people and places—the contrasting regions of the world—within thematically organized regional chapters. With an arresting visual layout and new and updated content and maps throughout, the text maintains and strengthens its hallmark thematic organization and focus on globalization, while encouraging you to participate in the material using a number of stimulating, interactive learning tools.
Available with MasteringGeography™, the most effective and widely used online tutorial, homework, and assessment system for the sciences, Diversity Amid Globalization, Sixth edition offers the most complete and integrated world regional program available today.
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience for you
- Think outside the map: MasteringGeography and textbook-integrated technology take you outside of the pages of the book, and into the world of distant places and people.
- An amplified global perspective through NEW and updated content: This new Sixth edition maintains, refines, and strengthens the text’s hallmark thematic organization and focus on globalization in a number of ways.
- New Everday Globalization features:
- In Population and Settlement sections, there is anew discussion of “Demographic Transition” that includes adding a fifth stage to traditional model.
- In Cultural Coherence and Diversity sections, there are two new sections: “Gender and Globalization”, and “Sports and Globalization."
- In Geopolitical Framework sections, there are two new sections “World Political Systems”, and “Decentralization and Devolution”
- A consistent thematic chapter organization encourages you o compare regions and discourages memorization of facts and places.
- An active learning approach encourages your participation with the material and ensures effective reinforcement of the concepts through the text’s pedagogy, fundamentals, and tone.
0321948890 / 9780321948892 Diversity Amid Globalization: World Regions, Environment, Development Plus MasteringGeography with eText -- Access Card Package
0321948416 / 9780321948410 MasteringGeography with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Diversity Amid Globalization: World Regions, Environment, Development
Table of Contents
1. Diversity Amid Globalization
2. The Changing Global Environment
3. North America
4. Latin America
5. The Caribbean
6. Sub-Saharan Africa
7. Southwest Asia and North Africa
9. The Russian Domain
10. Central Asia
11. East Asia
12. South Asia
13. Southeast Asia
14. Australia and Oceania
MyLab & Mastering ?
MyLab & Mastering products deliver customizable content and highly personalized study paths, responsive learning tools, and real-time evaluation and diagnostics. MyLab & Mastering products help move students toward the moment that matters most—the moment of true understanding and learning.
$38.50 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-94914-1
With CourseSmart eTextbooks and eResources, you save up to 60% off the price of new print textbooks, and can switch between studying online or offline to suit your needs.
Once you have purchased your eTextbooks and added them to your CourseSmart bookshelf, you can access them anytime, anywhere.
$71.99 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-95834-1
Alternative Options ?
Click on the titles below to learn more about these options.
$130.80 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-96903-3
$188.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-321-91006-6
Loose Leaf Version ?
Books a la Carte are less-expensive, loose-leaf versions of the same textbook.
$122.60 | ISBN-13: 978-0-13-354923-2